St. Michael’s is dedicated to meeting the needs of families in the city of Wilmington by providing access to high quality, affordable childcare and early education for young children of working parents. St. Michael’s School is a 5-Star Level Delaware Stars early education and care center, serving children from infancy through Pre-K.
We are committed to providing a program that gives children the opportunity to grow, learn, and play in a high quality, safe and caring environment that values diversity, qualified faculty, and family involvement.
What makes St. Michael’s Unique?
- A 5-Star Level Delaware Stars Center with year-round enrollment open from 7:00am to 5:30pm daily
- 16 classrooms as well as carefully designated destination areas including infant and toddler motor play areas, Pre-K gross motor play room, a cafeteria, and large library
- Spacious, fenced outdoor play areas with age-appropriate areas for fun and exploration
- Convenient to downtown Wilmington employers
- Nutritious meals (fresh breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon snacks prepared daily) and weekly yoga and mindfulness activities included with tuition
- School leadership and teachers who are dedicated to quality, best practice and continuous improvement
- A “whole child” approach that supports children’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive needs
- Low student to teacher ratio that exceeds state requirements in all classrooms and ensures each child receives consistent and individualized attention and care from their teaching team
- A strong home-school partnership that engages parents in their child’s education and supports them in finding the most appropriate elementary school choice
- Convenient parking for safe drop-off and pick up
- Partnerships with community supports and resources for families to access as needed
- Secure facility with school-wide video monitoring and intercom system