EARLY CHILDHOOD ADMINISTRATOR
St. Michael’s School is interviewing for the position of Curriculum Coordinator. As the profession moves forward from this pandemic and all its challenges, St. Michael’s seeks to create greater possibilities for the work force, to increase efforts to advocate for children, families, and the profession, and to make the future brighter for all young children. If you are interested and ready to make a difference, reach out and we will set up a time to visit.
- Lead, support, manage, recruit and hire classroom staff
- Coordinates, coaches, and collaborates with Department Heads.
- Monitors and supervises Teachers’ Strategy Gold data base
- Maintains and builds positive relationships with families
- Responsible for the oversight of 16 classrooms and staff
- Participates as a collaborative, enthusiastic member of the administrative team
- Actively participates in defining the vision and direction for the future of the School and the profession in Delaware.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate for the role is a collaborative leader with experience in administrative roles in early childhood education. He/she should have strong interpersonal and communication skills and excited to face the challenges of ECE leadership with energy and creativity.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field; Master’s is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience as well as 3+ years of early childhood classroom teaching experience
- Curriculum Coordinator certification
- Experience with coaching and mentoring styles
- Knowledge of QRIS systems and standards
- Experience working with economically and culturally diverse populations
Salary range: $20-$30/hour
Please respond immediately by sending your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Do you have a passion for working with children? After the experience of the pandemic, have you reconsidered your future—where you truly want to be?
St. Michael’s School is a well-respected Delaware Stars 5-star early childhood learning center providing year-round quality care and education for children ages eight weeks through five years in a safe and nurturing environment. For 131 years, we have been committed to investing in children and families in the city of Wilmington. We fully support our teachers in furthering their careers through professional development trainings, coaching and mentoring practices, researching scholarship opportunities, and offering competitive wages as well as a full benefits package. We work to support the health and well-being of our school community by offering mindfulness activities such as weekly yoga sessions for children and staff.
If you are new to the field, we will support and guide you. An experienced teacher? There is an opportunity waiting for you at St. Michael’s. Come and build the future for Wilmington’s children.
St. Michael’s is seeking full-time and part-time Lead and Assistant Teachers for our Infant, Toddler and Pre-School programs at our spacious downtown Wilmington facility. Teachers are responsible for organizing and leading classroom activities that promote the physical, mental, and social/emotional growth of children and address the needs of the whole child by maintaining an engaging and developmentally-appropriate environment.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Implement developmentally-appropriate activities that meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of the children in the program. Currently we are following Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategy Gold
- Work with children individually and in large groups to foster learning
- Observe and document children’s growth, behavior, and development
- Support the center’s positive classroom management/discipline techniques
- Understand and adhere to all current health, safety and Delaware Stars requirements.
- Practice positive and open communication with parents/caregivers to foster strong
Qualifications and Skills:
Preferred candidates will have completed the CDA or earned an Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
At the present time, we are also accepting candidates who have either completed TECE 1 or TECE 2 or committed to completing while interning at St. Michael’s.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with education and experience:
- Paid time off – up to 4 weeks annually
- Retirement plan with employer contribution up to 4%
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans available.
- Secure facility and free parking
- One hour lunch break
- Life insurance – up to $25,000 of coverage, employer-paid (no cost to employee)
- Annual bonuses and raises based on performance
Salary is based upon the level of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Hours 7am – 5:30pm, M-F
St. Michael’s strictly follows all CDC and DPH guidelines. Only staff and children are allowed in building. All are screened at the door and temperatures taken. We supply teachers with masks, smocks, gloves, and supplies for disinfecting their classrooms. Unvaccinated staff must test weekly. Professional deep cleaning of classrooms is done every evening and on weekends. Linens are washed daily.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
St. Michael’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workplace.
Use the link to submit an employment application